Friday, March 22, 2013

Penguin Revisited

    As promised I returned to the Penguin Hotel last evening for a very pleasant evening of karaoke and refreshments with a large group of people at least as friendly as the smaller group I met earlier in the week.

    Karaoke music was ably and amiably presented by a new friend, Chris, a mature gentleman who was no stranger to the sounds that aficionados enjoy. Aficionados included Simon and a few of his close friends. (Simon has never said whether he has perfect pitch but I’d be surprised if he told me otherwise. His vocal command is striking.)

    Simon and Karen and Sherry and I were joined on the “Come On Down” spot by Michelle (between bartending duties), Chelsea (after finishing up her waitress side work) and others and we all were pleased that the ‘A’ Number One Lady, Monica, was able to sit and enjoy the show since her business was well tended to by the people she trusts working for her.

All in all it was a "gotta-go-back" experience and I look forward to that.
 Try it. You'll like it.
#  #  #


No comments:

Post a Comment